World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Love Actually

Right..

I'll start off by saying, I haven't seen Four Weddings and a Funeral.
I haven't seen Notting Hill.
I haven't seen The Full Monty.

British 'chick flick' lovey dovey comedys don't usual get bothered with, unless they happen to be on the tv and I can't be arsed to roll over onto the remote.

With Love Actually, it tended to have a lot of the current English luvvies in it, the men of the moment acting wise, so I gave it a go.

I finally got to and I'm so fucking glad that I did.

This fim was exactly what I needed at the moment.
A nice welcome change from my usual viewings.

Very few films have made me laugh out loud at the cinema; Jackass and Home Alone being the only two I can think of, off hand which gives you the scope of my public laughter.

Yet this had me pissing myself.
The interwoven, almost anthology-esque storylines worked really well, and the film was a very nice mix of humour, romance and tragedy.

For anyone that's ever been a victim of unrequited love, this film will surely hit home.

I'm not sure I'd buy it on dvd, but who knows.
I'd definitely recommend watching it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home