World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Saturday, November 22, 2003

Saturday Night Do Do Dee Doo Doo Da Da Da - The up's and down's of Baf '03 pt.3

Shit, it's been a whole week and the details are starting to get hazy so I'd better get on with it...

Well Saturday began with an early start...
Mainly because I managed to lock myself out of my room in just me boxers.

Never a fucking good idea.

But hey, that's me.
So, I had to bang on Dave(C)'s door for a bit waking him up. Which y'know, he was chuffed about... honest.
I managed to crash on his chair for a bit, and eventually the warden came and let me back in to my room.

Being awake, we decided to wake the other two up, and set off to watch some animations.

First of all, we went to find where the fuck the lads had been the night before, and to show me this wall that they'd climbed.
We found it pretty easily, right outside the fire exit to the club; they'd literally just walked round following it's walls.

Fucking hell!
Fucking fucking hell!
When they said a wall I thought they just meant like a 7 foot wall that might take a bit of shinning up and over, but no... this wall was like 16 foot tall.
They'd climbed up onto a 7 foot electrical box, then up over the air conditioning box, and then over the top of the wall to the bridge above.
Fucking hell they must have been mental. Or just pissed.
Yup, pissed.

We caught the Producing Masterclass which was a real eyeopener, very interesting and of course got the theme song to Yoko! Jakamoko! Toto! in our heads for the rest of the week.

We then went and caught a film at the IMAX cinema in the building.
Unfortunately we caught the shittest one possible, Ghosts of the Abyss - a documentary about James Cameron and the Titanic.
I took this opportunity to have a nap fer 20 minutes or so. The right choice.

We then went and had some food for the first time in the day, after a fucking mental trek around Bradford.
The city centre makes no sense at all, it's bizarre.
We came back and watched some more animations for a few more hours, and then set off back to the halls to get changed and freshened up.

We then set out to the animation awards after party for a full on night of schmoozing.

However this is what we turned up to.

And the beer was £2.50 a pint.

We stayed for a while, getting some photos in with the tutors, but when it failed to get any livelier Luke (I) and myself fucked off, got back about 1am-ish and went to sleep.

I was next woken up at 4.30am by Dave(F) whose keycard wouldn't let him in to the building.
It turned out that him, the other Dave and Luke had gone to a club after we'd left, dave had already returned, and Luke was still there.

We all got up about 7am the next morning, ready to go and watch the rugby.
Luke had just got in.
Surfice to say we couldn't fucking wake him up for all our efforts.

We went off to watch the rugby, all decked out in England tops, bags in tow, keys handed in and bills paid.
A few dbl vodka and oranges and a sausage and egg mcmuffin at half time was just what the doctor ordered, and I was in my element.
The result helped the day as well ;)

After the rugby we went to do the big group photo thing, Luke finally joining us in the land of living.

The weekend was only spoiled by the final down, losing the football....

Less said about that the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home