World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Running with that train of thought...

(you'll need to read the previous entry for this)

Take Arthur Dent of H2G2 lore.

At least he could at least make bread.

I'd be fucked. I can't even make bread.
I can tell you it's got summit to do with flour or summit like that.
But basically if all technology was gone, and I had to try and bring the Earth back to an age of technological wonder, the place'd be fucked.
We'd all be living in caves.

I mean, I could survive on my own skills in the wild or summit. In theory I even know how to make fire. I've never tried the whole rubbing two sticks together thing, so can't even state that I'd be able to make fire.

It's simple things that I use everyday.
Records, Cd's... I know the theory behind them, to an extent, but still for the life of me can't work out how sound can be imprinted onto something. And then there's rewritable mediums such as cassettes. I mean fucking hell... I can program a VCR, I can create a website, I can talk to people on the other side of the world through a PC, but basic science goes over my head.

Fuck knows how the internet works.
And I've been told. Many times. But it still amazes me.

And I'm quite happy in my sheltered little life, being amazed by little things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home