World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Rollercoaster Malpractice-The up's and down's of BAF '03 pt.1

(All photos taken from photofools, which is where I often get recollections of nights out, the next day)

Well... BAF '03 is over and done with now, and can only be described as a rollercoaster of emotions for me.

The coach ride basically consisted of myself, Dave(Fullick), Luke(Ives) and Dave(Clayton) pissing about at our rightful place that is the back seat. And yep, with two Dave's and two Lukes (the other gets mentioned later) we had some confusion. Though with a bunch of boring bastards filling up the rest of the coach and a proper arsey coach driver, we didn't get that much done.
As we pulled into Bradford... well, the place looked a shithole. And the place pissing down with rain didn't help.
A [sarcasm]quick[/sarcasm] walk later and we ended up at the housing office of the place we were staying for the next few days.
We managed to swing all getting rooms in the same building after a bit of shuffling.
Our building was a pokey little place that Luke remarked looked like a nursing home or something.
A quick glace to the sign pointed out that it was indeed the NHS nursing wing of the university.
We were indeed in a building full of nurses.
Smiles were funnilly enough on Dave(F) and Luke's faces.

We settled in for a bit, created a bit of flurry with the female nurses and went for a few viewings of animations.
We saw the work of the amazing studio aka, responsible for a great deal of commercials on British TV, and well worth a viewing. The one thing I have to complain about is that the place was so cramped and hot and I ended up havoing a claustrophobic attack and having to go out for some water.
Dave(C) simply had a sleep for a bit.

After this, we felt that our animation viewing quota for the day had been fulfilled so set off for the offy and back to our rooms.
With this we learnt the majority of the nurses had gone away for the week, a fact which didn't bother me and I found quite funny ;)
We settled in to the lounge with a few bottles and tinnys and started playing football with a giant inflatable beachball.
During the hour or so of this, Dave (C - I'm getting pissed off with all these names, y'know) and Luke managed to dent a few ceiling tiles temporarily.
I was having a good old chuckle about this, remarking about the fact I hadn't dented anything, when KER-SMASH - One lampshade crashed to the floor and shattered into millions of tiny pieces.

*Exit everyone bar me*

I started cleaning up, and Luke came back and helped me out.
We got the place looking tidy and as if nothing had happened (bar the lack of one lightshade obviously), I chucked the rubbish out and we left it at that.

We then got togged up and set out, bumping into the other Luke(Miller).
He was gonna catch us up in town, as he wasn't ready.

We set off to the student union, which was literally about double the size of my front room, and just as devoid of life.
However a double vodka and VK ice cost £2, and there was a sofa and a copy of Metal Slug 2 the arcade machine at 30p a go.

We acquired the sofa, however there was a point when as soon as Luke got up to use the toilet a strange man came and sat on it next to me, straight away. I then made it my object of the night to piss him off till he left.
Ten minutes later, objective achieved ;)
One round each and much football talk later... we left.

The night was young, and held much more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home