World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Friday, October 03, 2003

Underworld

Finally got to see this last night, and to the contrary of most critics I really enjoyed it.

The plot wasn't the most original, but it was entertaining, and to me that's what counts.
Since The Matrix every film released has been compared to it, yet I'm damn sure people were wearing black leather/pvc costumes in films waaaaaaaay before that(Batman off the top of my head). And surely the whole point of the fight/action scenes in Matrix was that they were homages to films of the past, and Eastern meeting Western.

To put in a comparison to other recent vampire films, for me personally it beat Blade 2 hands down, but still didn't top the first one.

There were things that pissed me off about the film though, Hollywood's insistance on bringing a "Romeo & Juliet" plotline into every fucking story.... that's got boring now. Face it.
Surely there could have been better reasons for the war?

And finally, the one thing that's stopped me from having to pick up the DVD when released....

The fucking ending....
Not knowing you've just had your head sliced in half? Not being able to see it, or feel it?

Fucking hell... talk about graduate of the "Commando" school of film, all Beckinsale needed was a cheesey one-liner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home