World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Kill Bill Vol.1

Amazing.
Brilliant.
Stupendous.

Kill Bill Vol.1 comes complete with the Phil Thomas seal of approval.

This film was the greatest comedy I have ever seen in my life.
It may not have had Barbara Windsor in it, but Carry on Assassin, aka Kill BIll, more than made up for it with rough women doing stupid things.

What's that?

It's not a comedy?
It's supposed to be taken seriously?

Not even black comedy?

Hmm... let's rethink this then...

Kill Bill, The 4th film from Quentin Tarantino - Yes, that's right the 4th, a fact that has to be stressed just in case anyone on the planet hasn't heard of him before so he can add another couple of strokes to his already seemingly huge self obsessed ego, was even more of an excuse to live up to all those childhood fantasies of killing people than his first 3 films. And I never thought I'd actually say that.

And hey, because having the film shown out of sequence worked so well in 1 of my other 3 films that I made before making Kill Bill, the 4th film from Quentin Tarantino, let's just throw it in here as well, even though it doesn't serve any real purpose.

Let's see how unrealistic we can make the fight scenes. Let's see how much blood we can show spurting.
Hell, let's make sections of the film in black and white to "pay homage" to Seven Samurai.
Why don't we even make one fight scene in the pitch black so the audience can't tell it's a stunt double and not actually Uma Thurman.

And there's another 2 and half hours?????
Is there really any need?
Really?

Fucking hell....

I mean, there were some good concepts, and I suppose I'll be told that the point of the violence was to make it over the top and that there were scenes of intended "ironic" humour, but to me it just came across as one massive ego puff.

The one saving grace of this film was the animated section.
I only wish that it could have carried on as an animation rather than me having to see Lucy Liu as a Yakuza boss...

All that ranted though, I imagine I'll go see Vol.2...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home