World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Caught For Possession

So, earlier on today, I was stopped by the police for possession....

... of a bottle of apple tango.

I'll give you some time to pick your jaws up from the floor and to stop laughing etc.
I promise that this is no lie, however ridiculous it sounds.

I was busy walking down a road in the city centre, minding my own business drinking from said bottle, when my phone phone went off with a text.
I put the bottle in my back pocket, and went to get my phone out from my front pocket.
At this moment, a police van pulled up alongside me, and the officer in the passenger seat beckoned me over.
Now, I'm not one that likes to push my luck with the law, I've seen people get a kicking for no reason before, so I did as I was beckoned.
"Hand it over now." came the next line.
It took every inch of self restraint in my body to keep from yelling 'What the fuck????'
"Sorry....?" was what I managed
"The bottle, hand it over, or tip it out. Now."

Now, let me explain, my city centre is a designated Alcohol Free Zone. That is, no alcohol is allowed in public within the city centre presumably to stop all the fighting, crime, and pavements lined with puke on a sunday morning. Yet this was at 3.30pm.

"It's just Tango though, here, have some." I replied, still as stunned as a rabbit in headlights.
"N..no... I had to check, that's all."
"No, go on, have some." I remembered that I'd done nothing wrong here, and bollocks to them.
He reluctantly took the bottle and sniffed a bit.
"Well... you know, people pour alcohol in plastic bottles and that, you know?"
"Do they? Ahhhhh. But this is Tango."
"Yeah... but you were hiding it from us..."
"No, I was putting it in my pocket."
"Oh. Well... you can go now."

Fucking waste of space....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home