World Dumbination - Stupidity Ad Infinininitum

Saturday, September 27, 2003

Baby it don't matter, it don't matter if you're...

So 2003's "prestigious" MOBO awards have taken place.. and lo and behold Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera have won awards.

Now hang on..... Music Of Black Origin.... Timberlake... Aguilara...

Hmm, now correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I saw them, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera were most certainly white, depsite how hard Christina tries to be black in her latest video (she's in a supposed ghetto, along the lines of Harlem, and she's the only white person there... I mean come on...).

Yet their music is supposedly of black origin? Just because it's soulful?

Hell, does that make ever guitar based band that's ever listened to Hendrix, 'of black origin'....?

The Panjabi MC's are also listed, and without going into differences between indian and black etc, does that mean that The Beatles and all the music they produced after their trips were 'of black origin'...?
If so then surely Oasis, whose inspiration were The Beatles, are also by default 'of black origin.'

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to be racist or anything, and these artists do deserve recognition and credit, I just feel that by making an awards ceremony just for 'black origin' is just standing to seperate them further from the rest of the business, and to highlight the issue of skin difference, when it should be irrelevant.

What can i say, I'm just a little white boy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home